Searching For Results: Using Bing To Reach Home Buyers

By giving you the ability to put your digital ads in front of motivated home buyers, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) plays a big role in a home builder’s sales. It’s safe to say that you know about Google and its advertising abilities, but how much do you know about its search engine counterpart, Bing? While Google reaches a wider audience with around 64% of total search volume, Bing and its search partners, one of which includes Yahoo (Oath), are an opportunity for builders to connect with the other 36% of browsers in the U.S. who do not use Google. 

Search Engine Marketing is a particularly effective way to target individuals with intent to purchase — and this is where Bing comes in. Bing ads reach 63 million searchers that aren’t reached with Google AdWords. When paired with your Google AdWords campaigns, Bing can expand your online reach and take your lead generation to new heights.  

Who Even Uses Bing?

While similar to Google in form and function, Bing varies in several important ways. For instance, almost 40% of the Bing network ranges from 35-54 years old, and nearly 75% of Bing users are over the age of 35. Bing’s core demographic falls right in line with the majority of homebuyers, speaking to the huge benefits of utilizing Bing in your paid marketing strategy.  

About one third of the Bing network has a household income of over $100,000, and almost half of the network has a household income of $75,000 or more. Additionally, because Bing Ads are often a afterthought for most advertisers, there is less advertiser competition, which often translates to a lower average cost-per-click (CPC) vs. Google. In fact, the average real estate cost-per-click on Bing Ads can be up to 35% lower than that of Google Ads, while still reaching qualified buyers. With the potential for a better ROI than Google, why not incorporate this valuable tool into your marketing? Giving you the ability to reach an older and more educated audience, Bing targets those who are looking to purchase a home.

As the biggest player in terms of SEM, Google is still by far the market leader and is a must for all builders, but Bing isn’t far behind and has been gaining market share year over year since 2010.

A New Opportunity

If you aren’t using Bing ads, you’re missing out on a substantial opportunity to get in front of buyers. When accompanied by your Google Ads campaigns, Bing Ads can expand your reach. We’re here to help you get started!

Already running Bing campaigns? Request a free campaign audit by Group Two’s digital team to get tips on how to improve them.  

We connect you with buyers.

Share this post:
More like this:
Values-That-Matter

Values That Matter

Every builder knows the value of a competitive edge — and in today’s housing industry, nothing’s more advantageous than exclusive floorplans. When your thoughtfully designed

Read More