Focus Discussion of the Week:
Have you ever received a “you forgot this item in your cart” email from your favorite retailer? That was made possible by a powerful CRM (Customer Resource Management) system that can recognize customer actions and send follow-up emails. But when does this specific use of data get a bit too… creepy? In Episode 12, Angela McKay from Lasso joins Matt and Mollie to discuss “Making It Personal” in the digital age, and how to provide exceptional, personalized service without crossing a line.
Books on Angela’s Nightstands:
- Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport
- 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think by Laura Vanderkam
Angela’s Favorite Podcast:
- Best of Both Worlds by Laura Vanderkam
Connect With Angela:
Top Topics of The Week:
- Mollie reports back from the Women in Residential Construction Conference:
- Amy Sandler from Radical Candor provided some inspiration: “Get what you want by saying what you mean!”
- Take a breath and slow down! Try out the Simple Habit app and listen to Amy’s 5-minute meditation sessions.
- A new study shows that consumers are less trusting of information shared online.
- The 2020 election is just around the corner and “fake news” is running rampant. Which sources can be trusted? Where does social media come into play?
Join our Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/2ps1g5w
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2L6XGow
Subscribe on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2ZyabPj
Subscribe on Stitcher: http://bit.ly/2Ud2nRN
Subscribe on Google Play: http://bit.ly/2znqFPB
Two thought leaders come together to explore all things sales and marketing from their unique perspectives. Each week, Mollie Elkman, Matt Riley, and others from Group Two dive into a focus discussion to talk about the latest trends, changes, and best practices.