Focus Discussion of the Week:
We all have a story to tell. Whether you’re a builder, a salesperson, or a marketer, stories are how we connect with people. In this episode of Building Perspective, Steve Daugherty—a pastor, podcaster, and author—joins us to discuss the ancient art form of storytelling, and how this skill can be improved every day. Listen to what Steve has to say about how stories surround and shape our daily lives.
Top Topics of The Week:
- Did you catch last weekend’s US Open? Notice a trend? Purple was worn by many players during the tournament! And what does purple mean? It’s the color of creativity—and it caught our eyes. See more fashion trends from the US Open here.
- If you love late night, then you love Jimmy Fallon (because we do)! In classic Fallon fashion, a few serious participants were slipped some funny lines. Watch for laughs here.
- What’s the future of social media? Stories! Marketing Land reports that 20% of ad spend on Instagram during the second quarter of this year was devoted to Stories. See how Stories on Facebook and Instagram are driving e-commerce results.
- Are you accustomed to browsing Facebook on your phone rather than on your desktop? Most people are! Facebook will roll out updates to their desktop UI to resemble its mobile cousin. Read more here.
- Does social media improve SEO? YES, but not directly! Rather, they indirectly influence one another. See how from Social Media Today.
Listen to Steve’s podcast, Noises From The Attic, or some of his current favorites:
Books currently on Steve’s nightstand:
- “All the Real Indians Died Off”: And 20 Other Myths About Native Americans
- Glorious Weakness
- Cat’s Cradle
Matt’s podcast recommendations:
Connect with Steve:
- Check out his latest book, Experiments in Honesty: Meditations on Love, Fear and the Honest to God Naked Truth, here
- Connect on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and his website
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2L6XGow
Subscribe on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2ZyabPj
Subscribe on Stitcher: http://bit.ly/2Ud2nRN
Subscribe on Google Play: http://bit.ly/2znqFPB
Two thought leaders come together to explore all things sales and marketing from their unique perspectives. Each week, Mollie Elkman, Matt Riley, and others from Group Two dive into a focus discussion to talk about the latest trends, changes, and best practices.